Treating Personality Pathology in a Time of Change
Dear members of the ESSPD, dear Colleagues and Friends,
It is my great honor to inform you about the upcoming 7th Conference of the European Society for the Study of Personality Disorders (ESSPD), on the topic of “Treating Personality Pathology in a Time of Change”. We will meet in person in Antwerp (Belgium).
Treatment of personality pathology has changed radically over the past generations of researchers and clinicians. Treatment contexts present challenges and opportunities due to evolving diagnostic classifications, emerging needs in specific populations – including youth and families –, constraints related to dissemination of good practice principles across the globe, the increased use of technology to treat clients, and the more active and welcomed involvement of users and carers in the treatment. Of course, the world could not have changed more since we last met in Sitges (Spain). The 7th Conference of the European Society for the Study of Personality Disorders will take stock of these changes, along with many others our field is currently experiencing. ESSPD Antwerp 2024 promises to deliver a lively cutting-edge scientific program, supported by the thought-provoking presence and guidance of master clinicians and one-to-one meet-ups between leaders of the field.
I am already looking forward to seeing you in Antwerp in September 2024!
Confirmed Speakers for ESSPD Antwerp 2024
Bo Bach (Denmark)
Anthony Bateman (UK)
Lois W. Choi-Kain (USA)
Carla Sharp (USA)
Svenja Taubner (Germany)
Martin Bohus (Germany)
Brin Grenyer (Australia)
Sabine C. Herpertz (Germany)
Christopher Hopwood (Switzerland)
Kenneth N. Levy (USA)
Shelley McMain (Canada)
Ulrich Reininghaus (Germany)
Lars Mehlum (Norway)
Stephan Doering (Austria)
Reasons to attend
- Get informed about the latest, yet-to-be-published, research results in the field of personality disorders, including updates on MBT, DBT and TFP, adolescent treatment, antisocial and narcissistic PD, AMPD and its clinical implication, and much more.
- Learn clinical skills to deal with disruptive behavior in-session, intimacy avoidance, dissociation and self-esteem issues by attending our clinical discussion with demonstration by experts
- Join the presidential discussion on Mechanisms of change in psychotherapies for personality disorders
- Meet colleagues in our ESSPD sections on social cognition and interpersonal functioning
- Attend our keynotes
- Take a look at a variety of poster presentations
- Arrange your agenda as you like as all sessions will be recorded and kept available after the conference