The following information describes the ways we process your personal data that you have provided or we have obtained from other sources.
1. Who is processing your data?
The European Society for the Study of Personality Disorders (ESSPD, the controller) is registered at c/o Kenniscentrum Persoonlijkheidsstoornissen, Postbox 725, 3500 AS Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Best way to contact us is via e-mail: email@example.com.
2. Why are we processing your personal data?
Your personal data are being processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the ESSPD. These legitimate interests are listed in the Articles of the ESSPD (http://www.esspd.eu/about-esspd/esspd-bylaws/) and below:
The objectives of the Association are:
- to promote scientific research in the field of personality disorders;
- to bring together scientists with diverse backgrounds and disciplines;
- to initiate, support and encourage the integration of scientific research into all aspects of personality disorders;
- to promote education in the field of the most advanced diagnostics and treatments of personality disorders;
- to inform the public about the results and implications of current research on personality disorders;
- to stimulate all other activities that contribute to the emancipation of personality disorders as an important clinical domain of mental health in Europe;
- to support and collaborate with patient and family organizations in the field of personality disorders with the aim of promoting the emancipation of those organizations;
- to reflect the European perspective regarding personality disorders in international societies and associations.
The Association seeks to achieve the abovementioned objects by:
- organizing annual or bi-annual scientific congresses and educational symposiums and conferences;
- stimulating international cooperation regarding scientific research;
- awarding prizes for outstanding scientific contributions in the field of personality disorders;
- maintaining a close cooperation with other international scientific societies, associations and organizations or official institutions (such as the International Society for the Study of Personality Disorders, and the Personality Disorders Section of the Association of European Psychiatrists);
- maintaining close contact and close cooperation with patient and family organizations in the field of personality disorders
As an Association registered in the Netherlands there are certain legal obligations to which the ESSPD is subject to, and thus needs to process your data. That is done based on obligations arising first and foremost from Articles 2:26–2:52 of Dutch Civil Code.
3. What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect includes your name, email address, professional details (contact address, work affiliation, professional areas of interest and expertise related to personality disorders, publicly available information about your publications, and publicly available professional web pages).
4. How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- send you information related to being a member of ESSPD;
- carry out our obligations required by law;
- carry out elections to offices in the ESSPD;
- seek your views or comments on the issues relevant to our organisation and objectives;
- send you communications related to the issues and actions of the ESSPD. These may include information about events, campaigns, appeals, requests for collaboration, or other, related to our objectives;
- process a nomination that you have made;
- process a donation that you have made;
- award prizes
5. Where do we get the data from?
We have gotten some information about you when you were nominated for membership or when you requested to become a member. We have validated the data from public sources only. You will have the opportunity to add, correct, erase and share the data and restrict the visibility of your data on the members’ section of our website.
6. How long do we store your information?
Your data will be stored as long as you are a member of the ESSPD. Some information (your name, duration of membership, reasons for ending the membership, if applicable) will be stored as long as the Society exists.
7. How is your data shared?
We will always share as little as possible and as much as necessary with third parties. Your data can be shared as follows:
- Your contact details will be visible to other members of the ESSPD.
- Our partner(s) in organizing the ESSPD conferences will get your contact details in order to inform you about upcoming events.
- Organizers of other congresses or events besides the ones organized by the ESSPD will get your name and contact details if members of the ESSPD are eligible for reduced fees or special conditions.
- If we decide to share your information in any other way you will be informed, or your consent will be asked.
8. Your rights
- You have the right to access the data and rectify the data. You can ask us to erase or correct data that is no longer accurate or necessary. In fact, we encourage you to do so, and will be providing you means of doing that yourself via our website.
- You can ask us to stop processing the data in certain ways (for example receiving information about certain events). This does not apply in cases where we are processing your data to fulfil our legal obligations.
- You have a right to get a copy of your data.
9. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The ESSPD is subject to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) which is the supervisory authority in the Netherlands.